Thursday, March 12, 2009

Crafty Girl

Hello Everyone!
I have a blitz of pictures coming up, but I thought I would share another one of my hobbies. I don't think I shared these pictures when I took them a few months ago. In addition to playing around with photography, I also enjoy playing around with craft projects. I'm not particularly good at any one type of craft, but I certainly try all sorts of stuff...even if I don't finish it. I am currently working on two scrapbooks, two dressers and a quilt. I also discovered some amazing craft blogs and they are giving me so many ideas! (I highly recommend http://www.oneprettything.com/) So, I might have more pictures of projects to post in the near future. To help me with all my craft projects (which I love) and my homework (which I hate), I'm reorganizing my office area. My old desktop finally died on me, so I am going to store it away and use the extra space for my laptop and craft projects.
Anyways, the first project I have pictures of is three signs I made this last fall. I made stencils by printing off the letters on cardstock and cut out the letters with an exact-o knife. I recently found a more effective way of painting the signs with carbon paper; I think I might try that method in the near future. I found the unique fonts at http://www.dafont.com/ and http://www.1001fonts.com/.
The second project is a kennel cover for my little westie, Kaylee May. The cover really helps calm her down. She identifies the kennel as her little cave.
Spring break has been very productive in the creative department...not so much in the homework department. I think I might tackle that problem tomorrow.






Labels

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

      © Blogger template 'The Lake' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP