Sunday, April 19, 2009

April Showers...

....Bring May Flowers!

I moved into my house a few years ago. The entire house was run down when we moved in. We've done quite a bit to fix the place up. All new windows, all new paint, new kitchen appliances, new sidewalks, new driveway....but one of the hardest things I have done personally (my dad did most of the grunt work otherwise) is build my flower bed in the front of the house. There was this sort-of rock garden in the front of the house before. I dug the entire thing up, put down the landscaping fabric and then put in the rock edging. I tried planting flowers, but to be honest I hate keeping up with it. I don't like plants and I usually kill them. So last year I planted some bulbs hoping I wouldn't have to replant every year. Well, those didn't come up. So in the fall I planted tulips and daffodils. I must have done something right because they are all coming up and some have bloomed! Here's my first successful flower!





Here's the tulip ready to bloom!

Labels

Followers

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

      © Blogger template 'The Lake' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

    Back to TOP